Some other time, David Wright mentioned in an interview that after he spent his rookiehood toting around Cliff Floyd’s gear, my #1 favorite Met Cliffy bought D-Wright a couple suits. I wonder if "D" was wearing one of them last night!
In honor of David Wright’s All-Startastic appearance on Letterman, I present to you my very own:
Top Ten "David on David" Late Show Moments:
9. David Wright on Ryan Howard: "We made a trade. I told him I’d give up the Home Run Derby if he gives us the NL East." (Gives? We all know the Mets are taking that title.)
8. D-Wright’s knee-jerk reaction when asked about Willie Randolph? Mad props.
7. Our #5 confesses that the "over under" betting in the clubhouse had him at "2 or 3" for the Home Run Derby. How can you not love our team?
6. As to the effects of the Derby on our David? "I still can’t pick my arms up from that day."
5. D-Wright gives us the "funny story" of his brothers’ reaction to the bare-handed catch last season that we all went gaga over.
4. S.u.c.k-up. (And really, obscenity filter? You’re gonna bleep out "s*ck"?)
2. The double-take D-Wright gives (tongue included!) when Letterman asks–are the Mets a good team, or is the National League weak? Our boy has a sense of humor!
And the #1 Top David on David moment from last night’s Late Show appearance is:
1. David Letterman’s "Let me get this straight. I was a Yankee fan as long as they were winning."
Cue Paul Schaffer’s music please!!
And if you haven’t yet enjoyed the fun-filled video links in the post below, what are you waiting for, homey?